Dedicate an evening in Cappadocia to wine, scenery and sunset splendor on this exciting 2-hour tour. After visiting an ancient cave winery to sample its wares with a guide, explore the Red and Rose valleys on a leisurely hike. See Byzantine tombs and bizarre rock formations bathed in the soft evening light, and then sit down to enjoy wine and local delicacies (bought from the cave winery) while watching the sun set.
Numbers are limited to 12 on this small-group tour, ensuring personalized attention from a guide.
- Departure point:Your centrally located Cappadocia hotel (Nevsehir, Uchisar, Goreme, Urgup, Avanos, Ortahisar, Mustafapasa and Cavusin only)
- Departure time:
- March and October: 4pm
- April and September: 4:30pm
- May and August: 5pm
- June - July: 5:30pm
- November - December: 3pm
- Duration: 3 hours (approx.)
- Return details : Concludes at original departure point
Rate: $65 per person
- Evening Cappadocia tour including a visit to a cave winery and a sunset hike
- See wine stored in caves at a Cappadocian winery
- Sample quality Cappadocian wines with a guide
- Hike through the Red and Rose valleys, passing incredible rock formations
- Watch the sun set over the Red Valley with a bottle of wine and plate of Turkish snacks, if you wish
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 12 people ensures a more personalized experience
Cappadocia Tour Itinerary
Leave your Cappadocia hotel by minibus, and then travel with your guide to one of the region's best-known cave wineries. Head inside for your tour, seeing wines stored in caves rather than cellars and learning how the estate's wine production has changed over the last 4,000 years. Sample a few of the winery's wares while discussing the aromas and flavors with your guide, and then pick up a bottle of your favorite wine to enjoy later on the tour, if you wish. All purchases are at your own expense.
Hit the road and travel to Kizilcukur, a village nestled in the heart of Cappadocia's rather gorgeous Red Valley. Your 1-hour hike starts here, so follow your guide along stunning trails through both the Red and Rose valleys, admiring the Byzantine rock tombs, cave churches and rock formations that abound. The two valleys are named after the area's rouge-tinted rocks, and the sight of their landscapes as the sun goes down is sure to have you reaching for your camera.
Stroll back to Kizilcukur and enjoy a well-earned rest at an outdoor café. Sit down, crack open your bottle of wine, tuck into a plate of Turkish meze (snacks) and admire the Red Valley's dramatic sunset.
After relaxing with drinks, food and friendly banter with your guide, return to your minibus and travel back to your hotel where your tour finishes.
Cappadocia Tour Includes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local English-speaking guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
- Samples of 3 - 4 local wines
- Entrance fee to Rose Valley
Cappadocia Tour Excludes
- Wine and snacks to enjoy at sunset
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of payment
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Not wheelchair accessible