Wonder at the natural and man-made treasures of Cappadocia on this full-day tour! Mother Nature has turned the region's volcanic hills into crowds of bizarrely shaped cones and pinnacles that almost defy belief.Traveling by air-conditioned coach, head into the extraordinary landscapes to ogle the weird formations of the Devrent Valley and Pasabag. After an included lunch and time at a pottery workshop in Avanos, visit the Göreme Open-Air Museum to see its fresco-coated, rock-cut chapels.
Enjoy personalized attention from your guide on this small-group tour, limited to 20 people.
- Departure point: Your Cappadocia hotel
- Departure time: Hotel pickup starts between 9am and 9:30am
- Duration: 8 hours (approx.)
- Return details: Returns to original departure point at approximately 5pm
Rate: $95 per person
- Full-day Cappadocia sightseeing tour
- See the bizarre rock formations of the Devrent Valley and Pasabag
- Visit the Göreme Open-Air Museum and try making your own pottery in Avanos
- Enjoy an included lunch and a hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour limited to 20 people ensures a more personalized experience
Cappadocia Tour Itinerary
After pickup from your Cappadocia hotel in the morning, travel to the extraordinary Devrent Valley to see its clustered collections of volcanic cones, pinnacles and other unique rock formations. Learn about the fascinating erosion process that has sculpted these strangely shaped rocks from your guide.
Continue to Pasabag, also known as Monks Valley, where bizarre, mushroom-shaped rock pinnacles rear up from the surrounding vineyards. Take photos of these surreal formations and hear how hermits and monks once made shelters in their cones.
Next, head to Avanos, where you will participate in a pottery-making workshop. Admire the dexterity of the potters at work, and take the opportunity to spin and create your own pottery masterpiece as you learn more about one of Turkey's oldest crafts.
Stop for lunch at a restaurant near the UNESCO World Heritage Site that is the Göreme Open-Air Museum. Then, after your included lunch, head inside this spectacular museum to see its ancient, rock-hewn churches, chapels and monasteries. Admire the artistry of their long-ago sculptors and marvel at the delicate frescoes that still coat some of the inner walls.
After your visit, return to your tour vehicle and finish your tour with a drop-off at your hotel.
Cappadocia Tour Includes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional tour guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entrance fee to Derinkuyu Underground City
Cappadocia Tour Excludes
- Tips for your guide and driver
- Any other services that is not listed in the inclusions