Get to know Cappadocia on an action-packed overnight tour! Included transfer from Kayseri Airport to Cappadocia plus hotel ( Dere Suites Cave Hotel) accommodation and excursions, the tour includes everything you need to see Cappadocia at ease. Enjoy a hike through Rose Valley, see fairy chimneys and rocks houses in the village of Çavuşin and explore the UNESCO-listed Göreme Open-Air Museum. Upgrade to include a hot air balloon flight over Cappadocia if you wish!
- Departure point: Kayseri Airport
- Duration: 2 days (approx.)
- Return details: Concludes at Kayseri Airport at approximately 7pm on Day 2
Rate: $199 per person in double room
**min. 2 pax
- Round-trip transfers from Kayseri to Cappadocia
- Three day tour exploring the wonders of Cappadocia
- Discover the UNESCO World Heritage site of Goreme National Park
- Visit the beautiful Cave Mosque in Cavusin Village, an old Seljukian and Ottoman Village
- See the beautiful Underground City of Kaymakli, a historic haven for persecuted Christians
- Upgrade to take in panoramic views of the Cappadocia region from an hot air balloon!
Cappadocia Tour Itinerary
Day 01: Kayseri - Cappadocia (dinner included)
Pickup from Kayseri airport or your Cappadocia hotel in the morning, your guide will start your Cappadocia tour by coach to Devrent Valley to admire its clustered collections of volcanic cones and other unique rock formations. Learn about the fascinating erosion process from your guide, and then head to Pasabag (Monks Valley), where you'll discover its interesting mushroom-shaped pinnacles.
Next, head to Avanos, where you will participate in a pottery-making workshop. As you create your own pottery masterpiece, learn about the ancient art of pottery-marking in Turkey.
Stop for lunch at a restaurant near the Open-Air Museum in Goreme. After lunch explore the museum to see the remains of Christian settlements and rock-cut churches that date back thousands of years.
When you are finished at the museum, relax on your comfortable air-conditioned coach on the drive back to your overnight accommodation, a beautiful cave hotel where you will enjoy dinner and spend the night.
Day 02: Cappadocia Sightseeing (breakfast included)
Start the morning in style with an optional hot air balloon ride and witness the beauty of Cappadocia from the skies. Depart at 5am from your hotel and admire the Turkish countryside as you head to the hot-air balloon office, where you'll enjoy a complimentary buffet breakfast. Next, head to the nearby launch field where the hot-air balloon is inflated, board the balloon basket with your experienced pilot and up you go! See the stunning volcanic landscape and views of the Cappadocia relief, a high plateau standing more than 3,281 feet (1,000 meters) above sea level, during your 1-hour flight. After your flight, toast with a glass of Champagne while being presented with a flight certificate. Then, relax on the drive back to your hotel.
If you choose not to go on the hot air balloon ride, you can rest in your hotel, have breakfast, and join the group at approximately 10am for departure toward the Rose Valley. Enjoy the morning hiking downhill in Rose Valley while exploring some ancient churches. Arrive in Cavusin Village, an old Seljukian and Ottoman village and visit the Cave Mosque. Continue on to Kaymakli Underground City, where early Christians hid from persecutors. Final stop of the day is Ortahisar, famous for its friendly inhabitants, picturesque stone houses, narrow streets and castle.
Head back to your air-conditioned coach and drive back to your hotel or to the airport.
Day 3: Cappadocia – Kayseri (B)
Check out of your hotel after breakfast and then finish your 3-day tour with a transfer to Kayseri Airport. Flight back to Istanbul.
Cappadocia Tour Includes
- Kayseri Erkilet Airport pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- 2 night accommodation (Dere Suites Cave Hotel)
- 2 dinner
- 2 breakfast
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach or minivan
Cappadocia Tour Excludes
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hot-air balloon flight (extra $150 per person if option selected)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- We will need passport names, number, date of birth and gender information at the time of booking for airline tickets.