See the best of Cappadocia's otherworldly landscape on a 3-day tour from Kayseri! With a boutique cave hotel in the heart of the region as a base, the tour includes trips to Rose Valley, Kaymakli Underground City, and a collection of pretty rock-carved villages like Çavuşin and Ortahisar. Visit Göreme Open-Air Museum and upgrade to include a 1-hour hot air balloon flight over Cappadocia's lunar countryside, if you wish! This incredible 3-day tour also includes a round-trip airport transfer from Kayseri Airport.
- Departure point:Tour departs from all Cappadocia hotels or Kayseri Airport
- Departure time: 9.00 am
- Duration: 3 days (approx.)
- Return details : Concludes at Kayseri Airport or Cappadocia hotels
Rate: $460 per person in double room
*$540 per person in a single room
- 3-day Cappadocia trip from Kayseri with an expert local guide
- Visit Monk's Valley and Göreme Open-Air Museum
- Upgrade to include a Cappadocia hot air balloon ride!
- Trek through Rose Valley, explore the village of Çavuşin and then visit Kaymakli Underground City
- Pose for pictures against the surreal backdrop of Ortahisar Castle
- 4-star cave-hotel accommodation in Cappadocia plus a round-trip airport transfer from Kayseri Airport included
Cappadocia Tour Itinerary
Day 1: Kayseri – Cappadocia (D)
Start your 3-day tour with an airport transfer from Kayseri Airport to your Cappadocia hotel. Alternatively, if you are already in the greater Cappadocia area, you can opt for a hotel-to-hotel transfer for a hassle-free start to your tour. Once you've checked in, head out by minibus for a tour of the incredible Dervent Valley area. Admire the landscape and stop in Pasabag (Monk's Valley) to walk through the area's cone-like rocks where monks and hermits once lived in isolated seclusion.
Continue by minibus to the pottery town of Avanos, and after a break for lunch, travel to Pigeon Valley. See its famous bird-nesting caves and then head to Göreme Open-Air Museum. Exemplified by dusty-looking beige buildings and fairy chimneys, this open-air museum comprises a cluster of rocky monuments that attest to Byzantine life in Cappadocia.
Accommodation: Cave Hotel
Day 2: Cappadocia (B, D)
Upgrade to start your day in style with a hot air balloon ride over Cappadocia! It's an early start from your hotel, but once at the hot air balloon office, a buffet breakfast awaits. Tuck in and then take to the skies on a 1-hour flight! Cappadocia's volcanic origins have left some truly captivating sights, with fairy chimneys punctuating the rocky landscape that you'll see below you. Finish with a glass of Champagne and then return to your hotel.
If you choose not to take the balloon ride, then spend the early morning at leisure. Both groups meet up in the late morning for your hike through Rose Valley – a beautiful stretch of land that takes its name from the red-hued rock that abounds throughout it. Straddling the villages of Göreme and Çavuşin, the valley is peppered with rock-carved churches and tunnels, and your guide will point out the best ones on your hike. Finish up in Çavuşin, and after visiting its cave mosque, enjoy some free time for lunch (own expense).
Hop aboard your minibus and continue your day's tour to Kaymakli Underground City, one of Cappadocia's best-preserved subterranean sites. Explore its maze of passages, seeing underground stable and cellars while learning about the early Christians who once hid here to escape persecution. Return to your coach and travel to Ortahisar for a stroll, admiring its stone houses that surround its crowing rocky glory -- Ortahisar Castle. Stop for photos by this unique fortress and then continue by minibus through Pigeon Valley. If time permits then stop at a wine cellar for a wine-tasting session, and then return to your hotel in time for dinner.
Accommodation: Cave Hotel
Day 3: Cappadocia – Kayseri (B)
Check out of your hotel after breakfast and then finish your 3-day tour with a transfer to Kayseri Airport or another Cappadocia hotel.
Cappadocia Tour Includes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if required)
- Round-trip Kayseri Airport transfer (if required)
- Entrance fee to Kaymakli Underground City and Göreme Open-Air Museum
- 2 nights of accommodation at a boutique cave hotel
- Local guide
- Wine tasting (if time permits)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hot-air balloon flight (if option selected)
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
Cappadocia Tour Excludes
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability