Your 3-day tour introduces you to the delights of Cappadocia, a vast volcanic region that's known for its spectacular landscape of rock formations, fairy chimneys and historical underground dwellings. See its highlights before traveling to Ephesus to immerse yourself in Turkey's Classical antiquity.Stay in a cave hotel in Cappadocia on the first night, followed by a night in a centrally located 4-star hotel in Izmir, a city often cited as the gateway to Ephesus. The regions are spread out, so save time on traveling and enjoy domestic flights from Istanbul to Kayseri and Kayseri to Izmir.
- Departure point:Istanbul Airport
- Departure time: 5.30-7.00am (depending on flight time)
- Duration: 3 days (approx.)
- Return details : Concludes at Istanbul Airport
Rate: $965 per person
- 3-day Turkey tour to Cappadocia and Ephesus from Istanbul
- Save time on traveling between regions with domestic flights included
- Tour Cappadocia and visit UNESCO-listed Göreme Open-Air Museum, Ortahisar Castle, Kaymakli Underground City and more
- Take an early morning hot air balloon ride over Cappadocia, if you wish
- Flight from Cappadocia to Izmir (via Istanbul)
- Explore the archeological site at Ephesus and visit the House of the Virgin Mary (Meryemana)
- Enjoy overnight stays in a boutique cave hotel in Cappadocia and a centrally located 4*hotel in Izmir
- Flight from Izmir to Istanbul at the end of the tour
Cappadocia Tour Itinerary
Day 1: Istanbul – Kayseri – Cappadocia (D)
Board your flight at Istanbul Ataturk Airport and relax on the 1.5-hour flight southeast to Kayseri, a city deep in mainland Turkey. On arrival, meet your guide, hop inside your minibus and travel a little further into Cappadocia to see its wondrous sights.
Your first stop is Göreme Open-Air Museum, a UNESCO World Heritage site, home to fairy chimneys and a collection of rocky monuments that attest to Byzantine days in Cappadocia. Explore with your guide, and then continue to the small town of Avanos, which is famous for its pottery production.
After a quick look around the pretty town, enjoy a stop nearby in Pasabag (Monk's Valley), and take a walk through the area's cone-like rocks to see where monks and hermits once lived in isolated seclusion. Continue traveling through Dervent Valley, where fairy chimneys pepper the landscape, and then travel back to your cave hotel in Cappadocia in time for dinner.
Overnight:Boutique Cave Hotel
Day 2: Cappadocia – Kayseri – Izmir (B, D)
Spend the morning at leisure and enjoy breakfast in your hotel, meet back up mid-morning for another tour of Cappadocia. Start with a walk through Rose Valley, a gorgeous stretch of land that takes its name from its abundance of red-hued rock. Straddling the villages of Göreme and Çavuşin, the valley is peppered with rock-carved churches and tunnels, and your guide will point out the best ones as you walk. Finish up in Çavuşin and, after seeing its cave mosque, enjoy some free time for lunch (own expense).
Hop aboard your minibus and continue your day's tour to the town of Ortahisar to see its crowning glory, Ortahisar Castle. Pose for photos by the unique rock fortress before traveling onward to the Kaymakli Underground City, one of Cappadocia's best-preserved subterranean sites. Explore its maze of passages, seeing underground stables and cellars while learning about the early Christians who once hid here to escape persecution. Return to your coach, pass through Pigeon Valley, and then return to your hotel.
Check out in the late afternoon, and travel with your guide to Kayseri. Board your flight to Izmir Adnan Menderes International Airport on your own, and then finish your day with a transfer to your hotel. Check in and enjoy dinner at your hotel. Overnight in Izmir.
Overnight: 4-star hotel in Izmir
Day 3: Izmir – Ephesus – Izmir (B)
Enjoy breakfast in your hotel, and then travel to Ephesus where an important archeological site, considered as one of Europe's best-preserved Classical cities, awaits. Explore the ruins on a walking tour and see sights such as the Temple of Hadrian — a monument built to celebrate the Emperor Hadrian's visits to the city.
Take a break for lunch in the main town (own expense), before traveling to the House of the Virgin Mary, a site that many believe is where the Virgin Mary spent her final days. Enjoy a look around the chapel and hear about its history as a place of pilgrimage from your guide. Finally, return to your coach and travel back to your hotel to check out.
Transfer to Izmir Airport for a flight back to Atatürk Airport in Istanbul.
Cappadocia Ephesus Tour Includes
- Hotel pickup and hotel or airport drop-off
- Professional local tour guides for 3 days
- Transportation with deluxe minivan
- 2 nights of accommodation
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Flight from Istanbul to Kayseri
- Flight from Kayseri to Izmir
- Flight from Izmir to Istanbul (if option selected)
- All admission fees
Cappadocia Ephesus Tour Excludes
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Passenger passport names, dates of birth, gender information is required for airline tickets and must be provided at the time of booking.